Monday, April 5, 2010

Snake

A snake, sitting on the windowsill
Green as the grass
Looks at those who have friends.
Me. A snake--a jealous serpent
Watching everyone else play with one another
They don't like me--they never will again
They used to be my best friends
But now when they see me
They turn away and run.
Everyone hates me.
My friends,
My family,
My neighbors,
And especially my teachers.
But then again,
Who would want to be friends
With a jealous snake
That fails at everything it does?
If you find a snake, leave it alone...
If you don't, you'll get bitten.
Suck out the poison, and spit it out.
But I wish I that I could just die.
Slowly. And painfully in front of everyone.
No one would notice
And no one would even care
If I just disappeared.
No one at the funeral.
Maybe if they listened to me
They would know why I disappeared
Because if you touch me
I greet you with poison
Because Death lingers on my shoulders.
So leave me alone
Because I am a snake--
A jealous serpent
That sits on the windowsill
Waiting for the painful death
To dominate.

1 comment:

mugen said...

hey, you were holding out sophie, lol. the version of this poem is shorter in WDC. i like this one alot more. got some issues with the way people see you? the more you chase, the more you turn away. go your own way, and if only one person follows, well...maybe you've found one true friend. later ophie. i would change the poem in WDC to look like this one