Monday, April 5, 2010

Invisibility I

The worst feeling in the world is loneliness
The loneliest feeling in the world is invisibility
Because no matter how much I talk
No matter how much I show myself
No one will notice, no one sees.
The hands of time pass by so slowly
Nothing works to show I am there.
The feelings are so hateful inside my mind--
Every day it happens over and over
I am sucked into the river, never able to get back out
Drowning in loneliness--
No matter how much I scream,
I'll still die because no one hears me.
No matter how much I try to swim to shore,
I sink farther and faster like a rock that no one sees or cares about.
No matter how much I try to live my life to the fullest
I am still dying on the inside.
I am torn apart by the rose thorns
I am marked by the scars no one sees--
They turn away when I enter into the room.
They look right through me as if I'm invisible--
I have let down my guard.
I stood strong covered by the armor that has suddenly uncovered me.
I feel naked behind my happy mask.
As I take it off I am shattered to pieces
I feel blind, unable to see my pain, unable to conquer my fears
The sword threatens to impale me with it's piercing blade
And kill me with the venom of a thousand times seven voices
Screaming at me to wake up
To wake up to reality
Which is my darkest nightmare
I can't get away from the darkness--
I have become the Angel of Death
They thought that I had been cured
But I had lied my whole life away
My heart slipped and is broke in ten million pieces
That will never repair
Because the pieces are too small to see.
My soul is vulnerable--
It has been dominated--
By hatred--
By dismay--
By loneliness--
And mostly by pain
I hate the curse of a thousand words
Telling me that I am invisible.

No comments: