Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Too Late

I hope it's not too late
To say I'm sorry
I swear it's not to late
For me to say I'm sorry.
The first time we met
We became best friends.
We thought we could trust one another
At least I thought I knew
But maybe it's all a lie
Maybe friendship doesn't exist
Maybe it's a fake.
We'll never really know
Sometimes it dies and never comes back again.
I'm not saying sorry
Because I want to be friends again.
I'm saying sorry
Because I was foolish
To ever want to be your friend.
It wasn't cool
I wanted my friends back
I never got them back
So I'm sorry
That I didn't listen to them.
Ever.
And I'm sorry
I'm sorry--
To my friends--
To my teachers--
To my family--
Everyone I have hurt
It is hard to say sorry
But it is even harder to forgive.
You never really know
If someone has forgiven you
You just wish on a star
And pray to the gods
And hope with all your heart
That they will someday
Love you again.
Maybe that's really friendship.
It's not too late.
No, not yet.

No comments: