Monday, April 5, 2010

I am...

I am a dandelion thriving among the violets
I am a virus - trying so hard to heal a disease of pain
I am a ghost - invisible to the human eye
I am a cutter and in my hand is a knife.

But...
The dandelion is a flower in some places.
The virus will eventually get close to the healing
The ghost is seen by others like her
And the cutter learns to let friends take away the silly little knife.

I am a rock, held steady against the current
I am a tree standing still against the rain
I am the sun, shining my brightness onto others for a little while
I am only human, but I always feel pained.

I am a pebble, going with the current
I am an autumn leaf, fallen down from my only source of life
I am the moon - so no one ever sees me
I am only human, but the heart everyone sees in me is not mine.

1 comment:

mugen said...

lol...not bad. you kind of seesaw here between uplifting and depressing thoughts, but 50/50 isn't bad. liked the way you took the light and dark sides of the same things here. it's different.
nice write, sophie