Monday, April 5, 2010

The Body

You sit back and watch as I slowly die
As my essence inside burns this body of mine
Help me, love, for it is not fair
That I am burned at the stake and you just stare.

My heart pulses quicker, my mind races faster
I can't see the moon as flames creep closer
Come here, my love, I beckon thee
Come hither, my dear, come closer to me.

I hate them all, I hate those bitches,
It's not a good day, I hope they fall in deep ditches.

Dark God and Dark Goddess,
Help me through this time,
It hurts to be burned here,
Please help all of my kind.

I loved you, my darling, I didn't want this to happen
But your heat has turned heard, but yet mine has softened
Why have you betrayed me and gone behind my back
I guess that's what you don't have - it's love that you lack.

1 comment:

mugen said...

in some place, the rhyming is a bit stretched, and in the last verse, your say "heard" when it should be "hard". other than that, this was a pretty good poem. had some pretty good moments in it. i'm guessing it might have also been telling a true story. betrayal is tragic, and you make that pretty clear here. nice poem, sophie