Monday, April 5, 2010

Goodbye

Do you know
That when you said
Goodbye to me
It hurt. It hurt so bad.
When you gave me the hung
I didn't want to hug you back
Because I knew it was our last.
When you gave me the kiss
I was going to burst into tears.
And when you touched
My fingertips that last time
I felt as if I was on fire,
My hand burned
My face burned
Everything I touched burst into flames
I was scared and sad.
When I saw you again
It was not my hand you held--
As you walked
It was not my cheek being kissed--
It was not me that you hugged--
It was not me that felt satisfied inside.
It was Death.
Traitor.

1 comment:

mugen said...

nice ending. and i liked the part with the "everything i touched burst into flames" thing. you know, honetly, your poetry didn't seem that good when i read it at WDC. here, your poetry is far better than mine. the only thing that makes it crap is that its always sad and people don't like being sad or angry. but it's real emotion. great work