Monday, May 31, 2010

A Poisoned Soul

Book I


I remember her only from memory

Only from the photographs

I see her



I thought that it was they

That did not understand me



But I guess I was wrong.



Instead it was I

That misunderstood them



I could not imagine

What it was like without you

Until it happened


Book II



You left me and then

We were apart

Forever



I lied

When I said

That I hated you



I made up those rumors

I tell you the truth now



But I do not know why



I thought I loved you

I thought I was head over heals

Falling in love with you

But I guess I was wrong.


Book III



But I guess I was somewhat right

When I said

That you hated me.



But really

It was my entire fault.



It was because

I did not listen to you.



It was because

You thought I hated you.



Which I thought I did

But I lied.



To everyone I lied;

To everyone I said

I hated them.


Book IV



Let us see what the truth really is

Let us see

Because I want to know



And I know that you

Want to know as well



So here is the truth



I felt stupid

I felt neglected



I needed her

She was like a drug to me.



I injected her poison into me

Slowly and forcefully.



But it was as if

It did not work the first time

So I had to keep injecting the poison.



I never listened to anyone



Maybe I wanted the attention

So much that I did not care

At all about anything.



Or maybe I needed the attention

Because I felt

I had nothing left.



Or possible

I was just too desperate

For any attention

That I would do anything

To gain it.



Book V



I just want to say

That I am sorry



I am so sorry

For how much I have hurt you



How much have I

Drained you of life?



You did not deserve this.



I must have been so bad

That everyone hates me now



I wish

I could take it all back.



Never will it happen again

Because

I will never see you again.



I have gotten help

But then I needed more

I just wanted you to pay

For something you did not do.



It was my entire fault

Because

I was too stupid to know.



Because

That is who I really am.



I am a stupid child

Who knows not

Of the dangers

And the consequences

Which are to come.

No comments: